Question
Posted by: CINDY | 2003/02/25

BLOOD DONATION

Hi Doctor, I just want to know if it's possible for me to donate blood, because the one time I completed a form, and the one question was wether or not I had come into contact with body fluid, and I answered yes. I had to tell them that the body fluid was blood, from a cut in my boyfriends mouth. that was a lie, coz I didn't want to tell them that it was semen. my boyfriend and i have been together for 2 years and 5 months, and neither one of us had sex with anyone ever before, not even with each other, only oral sex. there really is no chances of STD's or HIV or anything, we are clean, and I'm not saying it because it's me, i'm serious. so, i want to know if when next time i have to complete a form, can i just answer that question no, will it make any difference. can it be dangerous for anyone to receive my blood when i had oral sex the night before?

kind regards
xxx

Cindy, I don’t think they’re referring to sex when they ask about the body fluid thing. There is no need to lie, just be honest and tell them that you had sex because there is no way it can affect anyone if the both of you are healthy. Good luck.