Question
Posted by: PLANNING PARENT | 2005/06/29

blood disorder<br>Known as spirasitosis (not sure if spelling is correct) I believe that not many people know of this disorder however it is often incorrectly diagnosed as cancer of the blood. <br>Id like to know more

My husband and I are planning to have a baby and I would like to confirm were we can be tested as this disorder is passed on from his family. I believe it can cause deformalities and major complications/medical conditions. I know that not many professionals are aware of this disorder and is often diagnosed incorrectly as blood cancer as it has to do with white blood cells and red ones not meeting the std count. Im looking for any further info on this disease and precautions as to passing it on to our baby.

Planning parent, are you maybe referring to spherocytosis – a red blood cell abnormality? Let me know as a new question and we’ll take it from there. Hopefully it won’t take so long again – I’m having problems connecting to the net at the moment Good luck.