Question
Posted by: Joy | 2007/05/15

blood clots in veins in left neck

I have sharp cramping pain in the left neck, and wake up at night sometimes with a feeling of blood pumping and gushing and activitiy in the veins in left side of neck. I see three pea size clots or balooning in on vein in the left neck, it is also very sensitive to touch. Pain is also now felt in shoulder and sometimes in chest and left arm. It helps when I keep still, but sometimes pain comes even when I keep still. Doctor few monts ago also saw a tumor on left thyroid, was very small at that time, like 10 months ago, have not checked it out after that.

Dear Joy
Please go back to your doctor - this needs urgent attention - could be glands or thyroid that is pressing on the very important arteries to the brain.