Question
Posted by: annie get your gun | 2005/12/13

blood and pus in urine

About 5 years ago when the GP tested my urine they found blood. I was told not to worry about it as it is normal. This carried on over the years. About 11 months ago they found blood and pus in my urine. I was given medication which cleared up the pus, but I have a strong feeling it is back again. I also have a leaky bladder, not when I cough or laugh, most times I don't know that it is leaking. What could be the cause of these. I also read that one can have bladder sling done under local anaesthetic, where can I find out more about this and can a cystocopy also be done under local anaesthetic. Appreciate any advice.

If you are worried about a recurrent bladder infection, you should see a doctor. The sling procedure is useful for stress incontinence (leaking when you cough or laugh). It may not be the right treatment for a different type of incontinence, so you need a full assessment. Cystoscopy can be done under local anaesthetic.

1
Posted by: JA | 2005/12/13

It sounds like a severe bladder infection or even a kidney infection. When I was a bit younger I used to get UTIs so bad that I would have blood as well. Go to the doctor and have it checked out becasue a kidney infection is quite severe!

Reply to JA