Question
Posted by: lou | 2004/02/29

blood after stools

Hi doc, I have noticed blood on the toilet paper after passing stools, for the last 2 years. Originally I thought I may have eaten something sharp that cut inside, but it never really healed. It feels slightley sore inside when I go to the toilet, as if my rectum skin is thin, but its only a little bit of blood, small spots on the toilet paper. Do I need to see a doctor?

Lou, it is probably due to haemorrhoids or a small anal fissure, but it might be due to something more serious like cancer. The best would be to see your doctor and make sure. Good luck.

1
Posted by: lou | 2004/03/01

Thank you!

Reply to lou