Question
Posted by: Regal Raptor | 2007/11/29

Blood

I am used to give blood every two months.
My question is, is it healthy to give blood and what is the benefit to your body?

I searched the internet and didn't get any answers. Only what they can tell is that you can be tired for a while afterwards.

Gr. M&M

Expert ImageNatural health

hi

if you have no anemia problems, eat sufficient red meat or other similar items to obtain iron like green leavy vegetables or do not exercise excessive then this should not be a problem. The blood donar department should test your iron each time before a blood test (pricking of your finger and putting in a solution to see if it sinks or not).

Dr Debbie