Posted by: bleeding | 2007/03/07


i had a 16:30 appointment with a urologist today. i am really sweating bricks about it and hardly slept a wink last night, his secretary just phoned to say she had to change it till lunch time tomorrow. I could scream, another sleepless night. why do these people do this. maybe i should just cancell and go and see a sangoma or a herbalist. I am really really worried about my condition. gross ( and i mean deep red) haematuria with large black blood clots. every time i pee it looks like someone was murdered in the toilet bowl. i need help and i need it now. i am a 48 year old male.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Bleeding
This usually looks worse than it is and if it started quite suddenly is usually caused by inflammation/infection of the bladder lining (cystitis). Yes one should have a serious look at this as it can in a small % of people be due to more dangerous conditions like cancer but the most common cause is cystitis. If you have not been on antibiotics yet, and you do have something like Augmentin/Amoxiclav/Ciprobay in the house, take a dose tonight and tomorrow morning. ( if you are not allergic to any antibiotics) Drink lots of water - the clotting happens because the blood sits in the bladder a while - wheeing it out is sometimes quite sore too.
Let me know how it went - hope this will help for tonight.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Gesiggie | 2007/03/07

I heard from a doctor once that as soon as the blood is DARK and CLOTTY, that means trouble!!! I would suggest you go to a Hospital Emergency Room after hours, then they HAVE to call a Doc or Urologist.

Reply to Gesiggie
Posted by: Sue | 2007/03/07

What about going to the hospital ?

Reply to Sue
Posted by: Sandra | 2007/03/07

Goodness have you told the secretary how urgent this is, if I were you and they dont care I would contact another doctor. This does not sound good at all get to a doc soon soon !

Reply to Sandra

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.