Question
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/12/06

Bloo Monday

Hello All,

Trust you all had a whooping of a week end. Nothing is wrong with me, but i feel lethargic, and anxious for this year to end. Almost like a nervous energy. Weird i know.... i also feel kinda tense inside, almost like i've committed a crime during my sleep and am only aware of it in my subconcious. But i haven't - just trying to explain my feelings today. I know im probably not making any sense. Forgive me.

I'm reading every one's postings today but feel helpless. Like what i say wont be good enough. Or like the advice i would be giving i dont necessarilly even like myself. Cant put my finger on it.

I had a good week end. Very relaxing blah blah blah. Relationship, work, life hasn't changed it is still great. But why do i feel like this. Can i blame it on the weather or the fact that while every body is on holiday i am still at work?? Hmmmm, some one/some thing must be to blame... hee hee!!

Also, my b/f suffers from Insomnia. Can any one recommend a good sleeping tablet, but one that wont be making him drowsy in the morning?

Thanks,

PARIS
XXX

Blue Mondays, are rather a well-known affliction ! Especially if one had a whooping good weenend !
As for sleeping. One thing that surprusingly enough usually makes sleep irresistable, is deliberately trying to stay awake ! Bananas and mild DO help, chemically ( serotonin and stuff). The Nitol type of over-the-counter stuff tends to often produce a hangover the next morning. On prescription the best would be a short-term use of something needing a prescription, like Silnox (Zolpidem) or a generic version of it ) which is designed to metabolize and disappear before morning, so -- no hangovers.

4
Posted by: Chelle | 2004/12/06

Sounds like you don't want to be at work today. Sometimes the better the weekend, the worse the Monday morning :)
As for sleeping assistance, or mild anxiety and stress, I recommend Natura's Rescue drops. Someone recommended them on here quite some time ago - I tried them and they have really worked. 10 drops on the tongue at bedtime and voila, next thing it's morning and no drowsiness either. Maybe they will work for him as well.
Get away from your desk for a little while this morning and go chat to work colleagues, have some extra coffee, and I am sure the Monday morning blues will be gone in no time.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/12/06

Hee hee, thanks guys. Feeling better already!!!

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: Mindful | 2004/12/06

Hey Paris,

Maybe it's just the whole blue monday thing. I know what you mean about thinking today my replies aren't going to be good enough though. I'm actually thinking "Tomorrow, tomorrow..." at the moment! But then again, what's the point in living for tomorrow, we should appreciate today, hey?
As for the b/f's insomnia, I can't really recommend much (my doctor's given me a prescription). But I tried Vital's Passion flower pills (I think I got used to them though), and the same goes for nytol. I've heard eating a banana before going to bed helps. Personally, I try to walk around the house a little and drink some water or milk. And then switch on the telly and set it to switch off automatically. Good luck either way!

Reply to Mindful
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/12/06

Come on you... best thing to do to have a lekker sleep is sex!!! Shame, can't blame the poor guy for having insomnia with you lying next to him but nothing happening...

Nah, just kidding. You should know the best medication is usually prescribed by your doc...

Hey, don't worry too much about feeling like you do. Maybe it's the Blue Monday as you say. Maybe it's the downer of being back at work. Maybe as you say it's coz everyone else seems to be on leave & not you....yet.

You just not really "with-it" right now, so who says you should be!? It's kewl Ms. Hilton... If you real wanna blame, then blame me...

Here's hoping your day gets better,
Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun