Question
Posted by: LEE | 2004/11/12

BLOCKED TUNE AND ENDOMETRIOSIS

I just had an operation, they removed my right tube because it was swollen to the size of a golf ball. The doctor said it was not due to a sexually transmitted disease and he can't give me an explanation as to why it was so inflammed? Also my left tube was severly affected by endometriosis whic grew on my left ovary and now I am unable to have a normal pregnancy. Why and how do these conditions arise? I feel so frustrated not knowing :(

Pls help
lee

Endometriosis can cause tubal blockage and swelling. Inflammation can also occur following surgery and some other infections such as TB or appendicitis.

3
Posted by: dr anonymous | 2004/11/13

Non STD causes are the following:

Endometriosis (may be very small but big enough to inflame).
A tumour.
A wrongly implanted foetus (Ectopic pregnancy).

So you see it can still occur.

Consult a fertility specialist for conceiving as your right ovary is still producing eggs.

Reply to dr anonymous
Posted by: dr anonymous | 2004/11/12

My apologies...I mis-read your question. I will give you a response shortly.

Reply to dr anonymous
Posted by: dr anonymous | 2004/11/12

Your right tube had "Salpingitis" part of the Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) spectrum. Caused by Gonorrohoea or Chlamydia both of which are sexually tramitted diseases. The doctor treated it correctly.
usually it inflames to that degree if you had both germs and if you had repeated infections from your partner or if you had other partners that infected you.
Also PID is often severe if you are immune compromised and often coupled with HIV.
Your left tube was so due to endometriosis.
Before you even think of having a baby consider the following:
1. Is your partner faithful enough to start a family?
2. Do you perhaps have HIV?
3. Would you be able to bring up a child being single?

So before you get dissapointed about having babies, there are alot of more serious issues that should be addressed.

Reply to dr anonymous