Question
Posted by: Samantha | 2005/07/27

BLOCKED TUBES AND IVF

I've been trying to have a baby for the past 8 years. my gyno did an operation to remove fibroids in 2003 but i was still unable to conceive. i now want to do IVF and after blood tests and check ups he told me i have ovarian cysts and he must remove my blocked tubes. My uterus also has a lot of fluid. I want to know if it is possible to get pregnant though IVF while having an ovarian cyst?? He gave me Nordett which im taking now - im also taking some drops from homeopathy and they seem to be working because i havent felt any severe pain since i took them. Is it necessary to remove my tubes before IVF?

If the tubes are damaged, the success rate of IVF is better if they are removed. If you have a cyst, it would be better for it to disappear before you start the IVF.