Question
Posted by: mojetsi | 2008/05/21

blocked tubes

Is it possible to do AI and be successful with blocked tubes or IVF is the only solution. Again is possible to reconstruct the fallopain tubes and still be able to conceive. I'm confused and desperately want a child, and i have blocked /damaged fallopain tubes. Pls help desperate

Dear Mojetsi

The success of IUI depends on patency of the tubes. Tubal reconstructive surgery is certainly possible but has to be done in highly selective cases. Overall success rates are no better than IVF and indeed may be worse.

5
Posted by: Tamika | 2008/05/26

Yes it was my first IVF. I did it at parklane Fertility Centre in Gauteng - 011643 8492. I paid about R22 000 all inclusive.

Reply to Tamika
Posted by: MOJETSI | 2008/05/26

Tamika where did u do ur IVF and how much did you pay for it and was it ur first?. I'm looking for a specialist in Gauteng or KZN.

Reply to MOJETSI
Posted by: Tamika | 2008/05/26

If both tubes are blocked then your only option is IVF. If one or both tubes are open you can try AI.

Why don't you google AI and IVF and read and understand what it entails?

Mojetsi there is hope out there. Both my tubes are blocked and I'm now 30 weeks with my first IVF!!! Educate yourself and understand what you're dealing with. And the best advice I can give you is never give up - you can and you will fall preggies with IVF!!!!!

Reply to Tamika
Posted by: hopey | 2008/05/23

I am in similar situation, one tube one and the other blocked. But last month we went for AI and to our suprise we are now 5 weeks pregant. My husband and I very much happy, been trying for 3 years. So to answer your question, yes it can happen with one tube.

Reply to hopey
Posted by: jetsi | 2008/05/21

I have no idea the best thing u can do, is to visist ur gynae
Good luck god be with u

Reply to jetsi