Posted by: Jenny | 2009/02/26

Blocked Fallopian tube/s


I have recently turned 38 and am desperately trying to fall pregnant (I don' t have kids yet). I have been on Clomid and Staminogro for the past 5 months. I was also taking Clexane injections as I am Factor V Leiden and have suffered a bloot clot in my leg (2 yrs ago) and lung (1 year ago) previously. My gynea is aware of my problem and have thus prescribed the Clexane to be taking while trying to fall (and of course during pregnancy).

My gynea performed a Laparoscope and Hystoscope on me on Tuesday. He hardly spoke to me after the procedure and said that we will discuss the outcome at my next follow-up when he removes the stitches. However, this is only in 10 days'  time and I' m so worried.

What concerns me is that the only thing he did tell me was that some " things"  he could fix, others not. I asked him what he couldn' t fix and he said that my one Fallopian tube is completely blocked and the other partially blocked. The risk of me having a tube pregnancy will thus remain high (if in fact, I do fall). I was left with this and told that we will talk when I come and see him.

I' m so concerned about this news. Can you tell me if there is anything that can be done for me. Do I have any options to try. Basically, is there any way for me to still conceive a child?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you so much.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Your best option will probably be IVF. Tubal surgery is a possibility but, if the damage is bad, this is unlikely to work.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Jenny | 2009/03/02

Thanks very much for the info.

Reply to Jenny
Posted by: Dee | 2009/02/27

Yes, thru IVF if both your tubes are blocked. I suggest you see a fertility specialist as gynaes are not always helpful when it comes to fertility related issues.

Reply to Dee

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.