Question
Posted by: blocked | 2007/06/17

blocked ears

Could impacted wisdom teeth cause blocked ears-sinus problems? Been to the dentist with infected gums caused by above & have bad breath. My Dr. says it's probably allergy & gave nose spray to open up, but then have ear-ache & affects my sense of balance so stopped using it. Would removing teeth help?

Dear blocked
Impacted wisdom teeth can cause ear ache and gum infection with bad breath. They can see on a dental x/ray if it is necessary to remove the wisdom teeth. It won't cause sinus problems (infections) but can cause toothache that can feel like a sinus pain.