Question
Posted by: deaf | 2003/01/22

blocked ear and terrible ringing sound

Hi there. i was at the coast in december and after about a week of being there i developed this deaf ear. that was about a month ago. i also have terrible ringing in the ear. the pain is not too bad- just sometimes i have a dull ache below the ear. I have tried Waxsol for about 4 days and then the chemist gave me an achohol smelling drop- think its called Swimmers drops. none of this has worked. i am loathe to go to the doctor because i hate taking medicine and they are so rushed to just give you tablets or anitbiotics. what do you suggest?

Deaf, you probably just need to have your ear syringed. Your doctor will be able to just wash the wax out of your ear and there is no need for antibiotics. Good luck.