Question
Posted by: Rosalind | 2004/09/22

blockages in babies small intestine

I am 7 months pregnant and they have found blockages in the small intestines of my baby, which is a girl. Please can you tell me more about this and let me know what i can expect. Is this safe? Is my baby in any danger. What will happen now? I have been told that they are going to monitor me and the baby will have to come 2 to 3 weeks early and will have to be operated on. Can the intestines burst in the meantime and if they do what will happen to my baby. Can these blockages go away on their own? Please tell me whatever you can....

The chances are that they would not go away on thier own. They would not burst either.
The baby would have to be delivered under controlled circumstances and would probably need surgery shortly afterwards.