Question
Posted by: Jenna | 2006/07/19

Bloating & Flatulence

I'm a 25yr old female. For the last year I have been suffering from bloating every couple of days, but now for the last two weeks its been constant. It starts in the morning and gets worse throughout the day. No matter what I eat for breakfast (toast / cereal / eggs / fruit) my stomach starts swelling about 30min - 1hr afterwards. I eat healthily, drink 2 - 2 1/2 ltrs water p/day and still have normal bowel movements everyday. Normally after lunch (which is usually chicken salad or vegetables) the flatulence starts, it doesn't seem to have much odour but is incredibly embarrasing since I sit in a large open plan office. I look pregnant all the time and don't know what to do / eat anymore. Please help. I constantly feel so uncomfortable.

Also I heard about Pankreoflat. What is this and could it work for me?

Hi Jenna
Try pankreoflat - it is an enzyme supplement that helps for digestion. Peppermint oil capsules are another option. Try to see a dietician - you may have an allergy for wheat or milk.