Question
Posted by: mtb | 2005/12/05

bloating and mucus Diarrhoea after cycling

I am 35 and for the last 4months I have been suffering from stomach pain ,bloating , the feeling of diarrhoea but only gas and mucas comes out. It is there all the time but the intensity varies. It is bad after I have finished cycling , and it stays with me for two days then becomes less intense. The feeling of diarrhoea never evolves to diarrhoea , it is more like constipation. I also get a bubbling or poping sensation in my stomach. I have been for an endoscope and they sid my colon was perfect. Please help.

Dear Mtb,
This sounds a bit like a irritable colon, which is not a "disease" but more a dysfunction. Try using lactobacillus, like inteflora 3 times a day, take Colofac at night to help your tummy to be regular. BUT Please let your GP give you a good general examination with bloods tested and stool sent to the lab - if everything is confirmed "normal", you probably just suffer from an irritable colon.