Question
Posted by: Dot | 2007/06/20

bloating

I am 24 years old and have had problems picking up weight my whole life even after the birth of my two children, suddenly and out of the blue have picked up weight, but it seems to only around my tummy and butt, I am also very gassy lately. My stool is fine normal and it my ovaries are quite painfull, it feels like when you have your periods, only through out the month. I also have a feeling of neusea through out the day and feel full al the time, even when I have not eaten. And no, I am not pregnant.

Any ideas what it can cause all these strange symptoms?

Dear Dot
You may have an ovarian cyst or thyroid problems or even gastritis - your GP can do some blood tests and examine you to see if you need a sonar or gastroscopy?