Question
Posted by: Kay | 2004/02/09

Bloating

Ive always had a healthy diet and never had a problem but recently after having started Weigh-Less I feel that I am bloated every day. I constantly feel uncomfortable. How can I prevent this? And what can make it go away once I am so bloated?

Dear Kay
I would suggest that you discuss this with your Weighless counsellor, as I don't actually work for them. You may need to adjust your diet. It could be that your system is not used to eating high-fibre foods or that you are reacting with an intolerance to some of the foods (fructose in fruits, soya in soy products, etc). You need to check how your diet has changed - what are you eating now which you did not eat in the past? e.g. wholewheat bread instead of white? If you can identify a change like this, then it could well be the reason for the bloating. Your cousellor will advise what you can eat in place of the offending food(s), e.g. rye bread.

1
Posted by: Nutrition Nut | 2004/02/10

Try cutting out the wheat products. Many people have trouble with those.

Weigh-Less uses far too much carbohydrate rich food for effective weight loss.

The optimum diet for weight loss is low-carbohydrate, and the research proves that. I recommend that you research the subject for yourself. Books by Dr Robert C. Atkins and Leslie Kenton are excellent, and you can also search on the Internet for "Atkins diet" or "low carb diet".

Reply to Nutrition Nut