Question
Posted by: Girl | 2008/08/11

Bloatedness

Hi Diet doc and everbody else! Please help me - My stomach is very bloated and painfull and I want to know what causes this?

When I woke up this morning no problem. I have had the following to eat:
Pronutro with fat free milk
1 small fat free woolworhts peach yoghurt
1 Ryvita (dry)
Naartjie
1 cup of soup (cup a soup lite beef and veg) with two slices of brown wholeweat bread (albany)
2 dried peaches.

Can you please tell me which one of these could have caused the bloatedness! Please it looks terrible and is very painful. I know its not something more as I get it a lot (since school). I think it may be the bread?

Thank you in advance!

Dear Girl
Bloating and abdominal pain can be caused by so many different factors (for example, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), food allergies, ulcers, gastric reflux, appendicitis, - the list goes on and on), that I strongly recommend that you have a medical examination. The dr will have to provide us with a diagnosis so that we can get an idea of what changes need to be made to your diet. So please have a checkup and once we have a diagnosis we can see what to do to your diet.

3
Posted by: s | 2008/08/13

Re pro nutro

The boxes have labels saying wheat free.
I think the basic rule is if they say wholewheat eg apple then obviously it is wheat

Reply to s
Posted by: Girl | 2008/08/12

Thank you Diet doc and S I have been to the docters more times than I can count - have had 2 gastroscopies (spelling?) and the conclusion was my body produces more acid than other peoples and stress agrivates this. But I know certain foods as well. I was tested for wheat allergy and nothing -

I think its either yeast or milk - today I have cut out everything containing yeast and so far so good (Ps I couldnt believe it Ryvita and Provita have yeast in them! :-O )

Thank you once again - S can you tell me which one the chocolate pronutro is? Im defo cutting out bread from now on - its very difficult!

Does anybody else have a yeast problem and any advice?

Reply to Girl
Posted by: s | 2008/08/12

try the above food but without the bread + pro nutro

you also get two types of pro nutro - with wheat and without (they use maize)

Reply to s