Question
Posted by: GENIE | 2007/03/19

BLOATED TUMMY

HI I DO NOT KNOW IF IT IS JUST AGE RELATED (38) BUT LATELY MY STOMACH IS MUCH BIGGER THAN ABOUT SIX MONTHS AGO. IM FAIRLY SKINNY 1,55 TALL AND WEIGH 41 KG'S BUT MY STOMACH LOOKS LIKE I'M ABOUT 3 MONTHS PREGNANT - I DON'T KNOW IF IM JUST FAT AROUND MY WAIST I HAD MY TUBES TIED ABOUT TWO YEARS AGO AND THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE THAT, I USED TO HAVE A FLAT STOMACH IN THE MORNINGS -BUT LATELY IT'S SWOLLEN ALL THE TIME. I HAVE NOT CHANGED MY DIET EITHER - ANY ANSWERS??
THANKS GENIE

Dear Genie
Easiest way to determine if it is fat is to pinch your stomach skin together - this will give you an idea of the layer of fat you have over your tummy. As one gets older, your waistline does expand unfortunately but you are still young! Maybe your dr should just check that you don't have an enlarged liver, or an ovarian cyst or enlarged womb?