Question
Posted by: Nikita | 2003/01/24

Bloated stomach & Hernia

During periods off stress my hernia affects me, but my stomach bloats and never goes down for months. What can i do to resolve the problem as my stomach is hard and i don't feel like eating as i'm always full.I do pass stools, but once or twice in the day...

Pls advise.

Nikita, it’s difficult to say what the cause of your bloatedness is without examining you first. It might of course be due to your hernia, but it might also be due to something completely different. I wrote an article on flatulence a while ago and most of the information is relevant to bloatedness. If you mail me at netdoc@mweb.co.za, I’ll pass it on and maybe you can use it to figure out what the problem is. If you can’t, the best would be to see a gastro-enterologist. Good luck.

1
Posted by: connie | 2003/01/31

Increase your intake of fruit & change to wholewheat bread for the roughage.
Cereals in the morning will also assist in getting rid of bloatedness.
Cut down on drinking. (Beer/Wine & Spirits)

Reply to connie