Question
Posted by: Dolly | 2004/11/01

bloated & feeling like a wet rag

I am 11 weeks pregnant and constantly bloated and uncomfortable. I try to avoid all foods known to cause this problem, but nothing seems to help. Anything I can do to alleviate the problem? It is really uncomfortable.

Also, my gp tested my iron levels, etc, and assured me nothing is wrong, but I feel listless and lethargic most of the time. Is it safe to take vitamin supplements or maybe something like BioPlus?

I agree with Purple.

1
Posted by: Purple | 2004/11/01

You should definitely be on vitamins - Pregnavit M or another preggy vitamin.

To aleviate any water retention, slowly sip water all through the day. This might help with the bloated feeling. Eat prunes to help with constipation.

It is normal to feel listless and lethargic when pregnant, particularly in the first and last trimester. Rest and sleep as much as you can. Don't worry, within the next few weeks these symptoms should ease as you hit the honeymoon phase of pregnancy (second trimester).

Reply to Purple