Question
Posted by: Nav | 2007/07/28

Bloated and Sore

Hi there,

I need some advice please.
For two days now I've been terribly bloated (well thats at least what it feels like?) , i doubt that it has any thing to do with my stomach or what i have eaten because i am bloated in the lower region of my abdomen just above my pubic bone. The region is very tender and sore when i touch it (it almost feels like lingering period pains); and as a result of it being so uncomfortable i have lost all my appetite.
I would appreciate any advice!

Nav

Dear Nav

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It can be the start of an early or abnormal menstruation. Constipation can also be the cause of your symptoms. I recommend that you take Naproxen, as well as Buscopan Co, which should eleviate your pain and can be bought over the counter.

If you are sexually active, you should also do a pregnancy test.

If the pain persist, consult your GP, in order for him/her to do a thorough examination.

Kind regards