Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/18

Blisters on Penis

I have very small yellowish, painless blisters on the shaft of my penis. They occurred on part of skin where I previously had fungal infection which was successfully treated. I have had these blisters for more that two months. I have been to two doctors and they seem not to recognise them. The one thought it might be genital warts (and applied a black liquid for 2 weeks, once a week) and the other said it does not look like an STI (gave me antibiotics just in case). Could they be an STI and what type?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Anonymous
If they are not sure what it is, one can take a swab of the area and send it to the lab for microscopy and culture. If it did not react to the antibiotics it is unlikely to be an STD and could be a type of dermatitis (skin inflammation)
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.