Question
Posted by: neerg | 2007/08/01

Blisters on body

I had the flu about two months ago, untreated. Soon after that tiny blisters appeared on my ankles hands and on my face. THe blisters on my ankles and hands remained as is and then a crust formed. The blisters on my face started as a whitehead then formed a blister then something similar to a cold sore! I also have a headache, nausea and general itching all over. I have been to a doc and to a dermatologist but to no avail. this is extremely uncomfortable. I now feel some appreaing on my head, accompanied by itchiness. What can this be????

Dear Neerg
The most common diseases with rash and fever is herpes, chickenpox, coxsackie all caused by viruses - but they usually clear up within 2 weeks. Blisters can also be caused by bacterial infections and eczema. If all else fails they need to take a sample of the blister fluid and send it to a lab for viral screening and MCS.

1
Posted by: neerg | 2007/08/15

Thanks for that - what is MCS? and do you think this is anything to worry about? I am having a rather bad flare up again and have just had the flu and runny nose. I have a slight headache with this and general lousy feeling, nausea. I have also noticed that the bumps on my hands do not form blisters and that the blisters are re-occuring in the same areas all the time - ie over previous areas where the sores have been. It starts off like a white head and from there weeps and forms a yellowish crust with extreme itching and slight burning feeling!

Reply to neerg