Posted by: Anny | 2008/07/11


Hi Doc,
I had quite a bit to drink the other night and had intercourse and was a little dry, and we used a condom. I didn't realise it that day but the next day i was in a lot of pain when i went to the loo. when i looked i had a couple of lumps on my vagina, where theres hair ( i am clean shaven) and they looked like a blister on the top of the lump. and a couple of these on the inner of my vagina but not in the penatrated part. Would these be caused from a reaction to the condom? they obviously hurt? a few times before when i've used certain condoms i get a slight itch in my vagina. Does this mean i'm alergic to the latex or what and what can i use.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

It does sound like a possible latex allergy. You could try latex free condoms which are now available in SA, but are more expensive.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.