Question
Posted by: Anny | 2008/07/11

blisters

Hi Doc,
I had quite a bit to drink the other night and had intercourse and was a little dry, and we used a condom. I didn't realise it that day but the next day i was in a lot of pain when i went to the loo. when i looked i had a couple of lumps on my vagina, where theres hair ( i am clean shaven) and they looked like a blister on the top of the lump. and a couple of these on the inner of my vagina but not in the penatrated part. Would these be caused from a reaction to the condom? they obviously hurt? a few times before when i've used certain condoms i get a slight itch in my vagina. Does this mean i'm alergic to the latex or what and what can i use.

It does sound like a possible latex allergy. You could try latex free condoms which are now available in SA, but are more expensive.