Question
Posted by: Dez | 2006/10/30

Blisters

My one year old son gets this red bumps that turns into blisters after a while. It doesn't seems to be painful but it comes and goes. I took him to a doctor once who said that he is allergic to insect bites but I think that he has an ellergy for pollen aswell. The medicine that I received does not help anymore. Should I take him for a test?

Expert ImageArchive

Blisters are commonly caused by insect bites or an allergy to insect bites. I agree with your doctor. Pollens may cause hay fever and asthma, but do not cause blisters. There are a number of other causes of blisters in infants. If you are unsure I suggest you see a skin specialist.