Question
Posted by: Francois | 2008/01/10

"Blister" under front foot

I am a walker and do walk about 20km per week in 3 sessions. Lately it feels as if I have a blister under the skin under my front foot.I can feel it when I wear shoes and is more obvious if I walk barefoot. Their is nothing to be seen under my foot and I wear good quality runner when walking.???????

HI Francois

Best bet, as always is to actually see someone about, because they're always going to be better able to make a diagnosis that I can over the net.

There's a condition called Morton's Neuroma, which springs to mind because of the location (I think) and the fact that it is worsened during walking. But that's not a diagnosis and I may well have misread or misunderstood something in the description, so I really would suggest that you see a podiatrist about this. I suspect that it is nerve related, perhaps brought about by increasing either speed or distance recently, or perhaps shoes?

But a diagnosis is needed and so while I hate passing the buck, that would be my advice!