Posted by: Francois | 2008/01/10

"Blister" under front foot

I am a walker and do walk about 20km per week in 3 sessions. Lately it feels as if I have a blister under the skin under my front foot.I can feel it when I wear shoes and is more obvious if I walk barefoot. Their is nothing to be seen under my foot and I wear good quality runner when walking.???????

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFitnessDoc

HI Francois

Best bet, as always is to actually see someone about, because they're always going to be better able to make a diagnosis that I can over the net.

There's a condition called Morton's Neuroma, which springs to mind because of the location (I think) and the fact that it is worsened during walking. But that's not a diagnosis and I may well have misread or misunderstood something in the description, so I really would suggest that you see a podiatrist about this. I suspect that it is nerve related, perhaps brought about by increasing either speed or distance recently, or perhaps shoes?

But a diagnosis is needed and so while I hate passing the buck, that would be my advice!

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.