Posted by: paul | 2012/07/26

blister inside lip due to smoking rolled cigarettes

Hi, I''ve been smoking rolled cigarettes for the last 3 years or so. I''m 27 and started smoking at the age of 16. Like stated above I''ve been smoking rolled cigarettes for about 3 years. I use zig zag filters and rizla/zig zag papers. i smoke about 20 a day and am using pipe tobacco eg. boxer, bb, fox... The problem is that the filters I buy seperately aren''t as thick or long as with regular cigarettes eg. Camel. I know that I should actually kick the habit, but as most would know it''s easier said than done. The main problem is that I''ve developed a blister inside my bottom lip where the filter is most potent. It''s not really getting worse, but I''m worried that I''m at a much greater risk of getting lip cancer. I''ve thought of getting a plastic cigarette holder that would lessen the potency of the smoke on my lips, but the filters used for rolling are different in size to regular cigarette filters, which means that I would have to find a custom size cigarette holder...Is there perhaps an ointment that I could use to treat the blister and prevent it from coming back?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


You should stop smoking. Ask your doctor about Champix. Your doctor will have to do a biopsy of the blister, as it might be lip cancer.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.