Posted by: J | 2009/01/14



I have gotten a blister type rash under the head of my penis, looks almost fungal. What could be the cause of this as I have not had sex in 3 years (terrible thing I know)

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

If you are having sex or have had sex in the past, bumps on the penis may be signs of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Painful blisters, bumps, or ulcers may be herpes. Another STD, genital warts (HPV) can show up as bumps on the penis. Sometimes these are irregular in shape or even barely seen, and they're not painful. Some other STDs, like syphilis, also can show up as painless ulcers on the penis. Although the bumps associated with STDs may not be painful, they could put your health and your partner's health at risk if they are not treated quickly and properly.
Of course, the skin on the penis — like the skin anywhere else on a person's body — can get irritated. And it's often hard to distinguish normal bumps from those caused by an STD. So the only way to really know what your bumps are is to be examined by a doctor.
The fact that you are saying that you have not had sex in 3 years minimizes the possibility of it being STD related.

Furthermore when you get sick and have a fever your immune system goes down and can cause other problems in your body. It may even bring out a dormant disease or other problem in your system.

I would suggest that you make an appointment with you medical doctor to have it checked out as it will be a lot easier to make an accurate diagnosis and the correct treatment can be applied. There are several conditions it could be, but needs to be checked out by a medical practitioner.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: J | 2009/01/15

To Sexologist

Thanks for the feedback - been to the doctor an thankfully not herpes or anything of the sort.

Have been given some creams to sort it out.

Reply to J

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.