Question
Posted by: farrah | 2011/12/19

blind date

Hi.About two months ago,my guy friend of ten years told me about his friend whom he thought would be great for me. He gave him my numbers though I was reluctant about the whole thing. Sure enough his friend called me about three- five days later and we spoke but from the call I didn''t gain any interest! We texted and called each other in an attempt to meet but something always came up with either one of us,until today we still haven''t met! He seems to cancel or postpone us meeting quite a lot and has stood me up twice,the last time being when he was coming over to my home(there were people there).he texted to tell me he was on his way and that I should send him the address which I did but then kept texting to say he was stuck in traffic (for four hours) so he was going back home!I decided to just let him be but he always calls in the next days after canceling or standing me up to ask if we could meet again! I''ve asked my friend to tell me what''s with his friend and. to tell me more about him but he has refused and said he is not getting involved and said his friend is a good guy and I should relax.I feel like I''ve been stupid for giving this guy my address when I don''t even know him and I know I shouldn''t have done that! My question is should I still bother myself meeting this guy if it ever happens? I could say he''s just not that into me but he hasn''t even seen what I look like nor have we had an actual conversation to know each other -its always been about when and where to meet!

I'm wondering why you persist with this most unpromising contact ( we really can't call it a relationship yet ). Indeed, I'm wondering why he sort-of persists, too. Sounds like its more than just not being that into you, but he may not be all that into meeting anyone new.
What possible value to you is there in persisting ? Let it be. if he makes serious attempts to contact with with realistic suggestions to meet, reconsider, otherwise move on.

3
Posted by: Honest | 2011/12/19

You sound desperate for a man and he is playing on this!
this guy has been stringing you along for over 6 weeks! l think your friend and his mate are having a good laugh at your expense
please move on with dignity, and try not to be so keen next time there is a man on the horizon.

Reply to Honest
Posted by: Nini | 2011/12/19

in my opinion, if he really was interested in seeing you for any other reason other than friendship, you would have been on a date by now.

Reply to Nini