Question
Posted by: Ness | 2007/12/07

Blind date

I have a blind date tonight... can you believe it! Anyway, I just phoned him to find out what time and he was very short with me, he is probably just very busy but insecure ness just wants to cancel tonight now and go home to play with the puppies (who I might add are just gorgeous, they openned thier eyes yesterday and are trying very hard to walk, they have also learnt to wag their little tails...... tooo cute..... one does not seem to have master his one back leg so he just goes around in circles...) SEE I would much rather be at home with them.... But I do need to start mingling again...!!!

Surely feeling nervous and insecure is part of a blind date ? Yes, almost certainly he was busy at the time, and maybe also feeling awkward due to the blindness of the date. Fortunately, I think the puppies will gladly wait for your return. It's marvellous, isn't it, watching them discover their bodies and capabilities, and learning how to use it all ! Mingle with humans in the evening, and with puppies after that. Get the best of both worlds !

7
Posted by: Ness | 2007/12/07

Well this does not sound like fun at all... I have moved in to half an hour and it will be that my daughter needs to be collected..... how does that sound.. did not want anything that he would offer to tag along with.

"dont drink at all"..... ha! I need to drink as much as possible....

Reply to Ness
Posted by: John | 2007/12/07

An hour? My, Ness, you most certainly are filled with the milk of human kindness. I would give it half an hour - its more than enough time to decide if that drool is permanent or if that glazed look is chemically induced.

My tip is not to look your best (I mean, you are dressing up for a guy you don't know and may never meet again) but do dress up. Do not expect too much. Do not drink at all. Do not eat too much. Keep the subject to neutral matters (funny how we all want to become piercing psychologists when having blind dates - what did he mean by that? Why is he (not) looking at my breasts? Why is he single? Why is he on a blind date? Is he a loser? etc) We put too much pressure on ourselves.

By the way, if he could be bothered to be polite earlier, expect more of the same. Hence the escape plan....

Enjoy, though, sweetie, you deserve to have a good time at the very least.

Reply to John
Posted by: Zuzi | 2007/12/07

Just be your self. that is a tip from me

Reply to Zuzi
Posted by: Ness | 2007/12/07

One escape route organised... My friend will phone me an hour into it and I can take it from there!

Any tips on first dates..... its been a while

Reply to Ness
Posted by: Ness | 2007/12/07

Crap, no I hadn't, Right, one escape route coming up!!

Reply to Ness
Posted by: John | 2007/12/07

Best wishes for tonight - I hope that he is a decent person. Have you set up an escape opportunity yet? In my not-too-distant single days, I would always make sure that I had an escape route if the blind date turns out to be excruciating.

Reply to John
Posted by: Maria | 2007/12/07

Good luck!

Reply to Maria