Question
Posted by: Cloé | 2006/10/27

Blighted ovum

At my 8 week scan only the sac was visible with no fetus. the sac dated 6.5w. Dr said we should wait and scan after 10 days. The next week I started spotting, it bacame heavier with some blood clots. Back to Dr. and I had a D & C that same day, Gyn said it was blighted ovum and that it happens only once to most women. Gyn said we could start trying immediately, as some of the other patients having a D&C did not even start their cycle 'cause they were pregnant.

Should I follow her advice and start trying to conceive immediately? Many other info suggests waiting at least 1 to 3 months?

Thanx

There is a better succes rate if you wait at least 3 months.

4
Posted by: Cloé | 2006/11/04

Hi Cinds,
thats good to hear that I am not alone. I recently found out that this happens often, I think people just dont talk about it. A friend of a friend had D & C in august and found out that she is 10 w a while ago, that means that she got pregnant 2w after her D&C.

I will just let nature take its course, no waiting, no keeping calenders, if it happens it happens. Hopefully soon.

Reply to Cloé
Posted by: lu | 2006/10/28

I had the same thing when it was 10 wks, and had a brownish didcharge ,the doc said that i try for another pregnancy after 3 months.D&C was done.

Reply to lu
Posted by: Lynette | 2006/10/27

I had the same as you 4 weeks ago was 9 weeks pregnant but scan show only 6 weeks also had D&c gynae said it only happend once. He said there is no medical reason why i can not ttc immediatly becase is was not that far pregnant that my body go throug alot of strain.

Reply to Lynette
Posted by: Cinds | 2006/10/27

Hi there Cloe,
I had the exact same thing as you. I was ten weeks pregnant, but my scan dated 7 weeks and my last scan resulted in a D & C as I also had a blighted ovum and starting having a discharge. I had many suggestions also to wait but my gynae suggeste I wait two days for pain to settle after the D & C and then ttc immediately.

I hope we can chat soon on the Pregnancy chatline!

Reply to Cinds