Question
Posted by: Vino | 2006/10/25

BLEMISHES SKIN AROUND ANKLE AND LEG

I have dark patchy blemishes around my ankles and it seems to have spread up my calves. There is no itchiness or scaliness, but I have extreme pain in my ankles. My Gp has prescribes ointments for rashes, but it does not help.

Expert ImageArchive

I canot tell you what the cause of the dark patches. Did you experience inflammation beforehand? With that I mean redness and swelling. Where inflammation disappears dark patches may remain. Another cause of dark patches at the ankles are varicose veins. Inflammation of small blood vessels may lead to pain and and dark patches at a later stage. Eczema may leave dark patches. Rather see your doctor. The pain bothers me a lot.