Question
Posted by: Curious | 2005/07/27

Bleeding on intercourse

I have been sexually active more almost 8 years. I have only had two sexual partners both of them in long term relationships. My current partner is the one I am experiencing this problem with. He is a bit "bigger" than my previous partner. The problem is when we have intercourse in the missionary position I tend to bleed a lot (I'd equate it to a two minute nose bleed). It makes me terribly embarrassed. Thing is I enjoy that position very much I don't experience any pain prior, during or afterwards. So I am not even aware that I am causing myself so much damage. Short of not using this position. Is there any explanation for this? I have had a STD profile done already and it came back negative. I do not think lubrication is the problem as I am well stimulated prior to intercourse.

It may be that you have a cervical erosion which is traumatised in the missionary position. See your gynaecologist to check this. If you were tearing the vagina, you would feel pain.