Question
Posted by: netty | 2004/01/14

bleeding in between periods

I have a regular 28 cycle, but for the past two months i have experienced a bleed on around day 13/14. Last month it lasted about 4/5 days, but this month, it has been here for 10 days and does`nt look like its going to stop.
My inbetween period is not heavy but it is brown in colour sometimes red and pieces of stringy bits like tobacco are on the toilet tissue. Can any one help me on this? I don`t have any other symptoms. I am 42 years old but I dont think its anything to do with the menopause.

There could be a problem with the uterus or cervix. You should see a gynaecologist for a pap smear and internal examination.