Posted by: help | 2008/09/15

Bleeding help!

Hi, I had my period Monday last week. I' m on triphasil so its always just about 2 days long and my period ended on Wednesday evening. Then on Friday night my boyfriend and I had sex (it was a bit rough) and there was a lot of blood on the bed after we were finished. I did not feel any pain or discomfort, but the bleeding has continued and still has not stopped and it is Monday already. I' m quite worried, and am going to make an appointment with my gynae, but there is a waiting period of about 2 months! Has anyone experienced anything like this before? Can it be normal?? please help

It could be some tearing from the sex or it could be a breakthrough bleed. Either way, it does not sound serious. Wait and see what your doctor says.

Posted by: X | 2008/09/15

Hi It' s happened to me before too. i was also on Thriphasil but had my period for 5-7 days and the moment it was clear for a day i attempted having sex and i would then bleed for 2-3 days longer and more than my period. Maybe try changing your pill. I did i went over to Nordette and the problem stopped. I also stopped having sex for 2 days after my period stopped and i am sure it is all out an over. I think sometimes the period is not completely over and having sex agrivate it. Sounds silly i know but i think it' s more hormonal i mean i am fine now after all that without seeing a doctor

Reply to X