Question
Posted by: anonymous | 2007/06/21

bleeding gums

hi doctor.

i would like to know what causes my gums to bleed. i dont have any sickness or infection and brush my teeth twice a day. today i took a sip off balck rooibos tea and started tasting blood.when i touched my gum my finger was full of blood.sometimes my gums bleed when i brush my teeth in the morning.and now i tasted blood when i took a sip of my tea.can it be an allergic reaction to tea or something?
will it help if i wash my mouth out with salt water?

thank you doctor.
have a great day

Dear anonymous
You may have gingivitis or gum disease/infection. Please let your dentist/doctor have a look as you can lose your teeth in the process. You probably need a course of antibiotics to take. Salt water will not be enough.