Question
Posted by: Ling | 2004/11/23

Bleeding for 44 days now

I was recently diagnosed with Endometriosis. I had a loporosc.. and my gyn found alot of Endometriosis as well as my F.tubes are damaged. I have been on 3 pills to try and stop me from menstrating since then. My last one is triph... and I am just bleeding and bleeding. I have received 2 bottels of hormon tablets and it is still not stopping the bleeding. Is this typical of Endometriosis to bleed this long? I personally have found no releif from my operation. I still have pain and all the other problems as before. My gyn wants to stop the bleeding as he is very worried that I wont be able to fall pregnant with the amount of damage he has seen. The joy of all of this is I have alot of other health problems as well (heart, sugar, nervous system.. etc) I am 26 and wanted to wait until I was 30. All my doctors are telling me to start immediately. What is my body up to?

The oral contraceptive is not always the best treatment for endometriosis. Discuss with your doctor using either Danazol or Tridomose. Heavy bleeding is common with endometriosis, but not usually continuous bleeding. Check whether your gynaecologist did a laparoscopy at the same time to check for any other problems in the uterus.