Question

Bleeding Five Weeks Pregnant

Hi Doctor

I have just found out I was pregnant and went for my first scan. My last period was January so I thought I was about eight weeks but my doctor said I was only about five. There was no heartbeat on the scan and it was quite unclear but I am still very excited.

I am worried though because I keep bleeding. It is not fresh blood it is pinky brown and it is a few times during the day when I go to the the loo.

Do you think I am losing my baby.

All I want to do is go to the doctor and make sure the baby is still ok, but my next appointment is two weeks away and I am a nervous wreck with worry.

Please let me know what you think.

The bleeding is worrying and the fact that you are not a far along as you thought, is worrying too. Unfortunately things will only be clearer with time. Two weeks may be a bit long to wait. Try to have another scan in a week. Your doctor could also monitor blood levels of HCG to see if the pregnancy is progressing.