Posted by: acr | 2008/07/25

Bleeding and sex

Last year May I fell pregnant. Because I had 3 miscarriages prior to this pregnancy, I was told not to have sex during my pregnancy. Which we did not do. This year January my son was born via selective c-section. We waited the required time to have sex. Since then though, it is sometimes painful, I dont get aroused, so no lubrication is there and I just dont feel like having sex. Then when we do have it, I sometimes have a bit of blood when I wipe. Is this normal? I also have thyroid problems and I am on 1.5mg eltroxin daily. I so badly want to have normal enjoyable sex again. Is there something I should use?

It sounds like the problem is lack of libido. If you are not in the mood, you will not get aroused and you will then be dry and it will be painful.
This is quite common in women with young children, largely due to tiredness and having other priorities. Give yourself a bit of time. The libido usually comes back when you have less demands on your attention.