Question
Posted by: Angel | 2007/12/09

Bleeding after sex

Hi There
This is very embarrasing for me and i apologise if what i write may sound very gross or squirmish....
i am 19yr old girl and my boyfriend and i have recently started sleeping together.
the problem is, sometimes it is very painful for me, so painful that we have to stop. other times i bleed either after intercourse, during intercourse or even the day after?
this has been carrying on now for quite sometime, as well as being very embarrasing for me, my boyfriend and i have become very concerned, is it a condition? can it be treated? whats going on?

please can someone give me advice as to why this is happening?
i cannot go see a doctor personally right now, that is why i am relying on you.
please please please.

thank you

Dear Angel

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Unfortunately, I recommend that you consult a Gynaecologist, in order to have an examination done, as well as a papsmear, in order to exclude any pathological reason for the bleeding and to start with treatment.

Kind regards