Question
Posted by: mthusi3 | 2008/01/07

Bleeding after intercourse

Hi. Most times when I have sex with my boyfriend I bleed. I then asked my Doctor if this is normal and if not, what can I do to stop it. She said this happend because my cervix is sensitive and prescribed vaginal cream. I have used the cream but the problem is still there. SOmetimes there is a very bad smelling discharge according to her it is caused by this sensitivity and not STI. I'm worried now because this problem is still there and not resolved. Please advise

Your doctor must have examined you and I do not know what the findings were, so it is difficult to comment. I presume that you had a normal pap smear. Sometimes there are raw areas on the cervix which can bleed. If severe, these can be cauterised.