Posted by: mthusi3 | 2008/01/07

Bleeding after intercourse

Hi. Most times when I have sex with my boyfriend I bleed. I then asked my Doctor if this is normal and if not, what can I do to stop it. She said this happend because my cervix is sensitive and prescribed vaginal cream. I have used the cream but the problem is still there. SOmetimes there is a very bad smelling discharge according to her it is caused by this sensitivity and not STI. I'm worried now because this problem is still there and not resolved. Please advise

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Your doctor must have examined you and I do not know what the findings were, so it is difficult to comment. I presume that you had a normal pap smear. Sometimes there are raw areas on the cervix which can bleed. If severe, these can be cauterised.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.