Question
Posted by: Matimba | 2004/11/17

bleeding after inserting the loop

I just inserted the loop (Copper T) on Monday 15/11/04. My worry is soon after that, I started mestruating for the second time this month. is this normal or should I get worried. If it is normal, how long will the bleeding last?

It is probably just as a result of having the IUCD inserted and should settle in a few days. Be sure to check the strings every month.

1
Posted by: Kathy | 2004/11/17

You will bleed for a couple of weeks and expect to spot for a couple of months thereafter until your body gets used to this "foreign object" in your body. It happened to me but had it removed becasue I couldn't take the continous bleeding.

Reply to Kathy