Question
Posted by: thea | 2012/03/12

bleeding after c-section

hi. i had a c-section on the 26th of feb so i was told by the hospital that i will only bleed until day 9 and then there will be a colorless discharge for up to 21 days. however yesterday i was bleeding heavily which was the 14th day and then afterwards there was a very offensive smell. i''m not bleeding anymore though. is it normal or something i should worry about?

A bad smell suggests an infection. If this is still there or if you have any tummy pain, you should see your doctor.

2

Posted by: Jen | 2012/03/14

Hi Thea,

I wouldn''t be worried. I bled for 3 or 4 weeks with both my c-sections. Apparently it''s normal for up to 6 weeks.

Congrats on your baby, hope you have a speedy recovery!

Reply to Jen