Question
Posted by: In doubt | 2008/05/23

Bleeding 9months after abortion

I really hope you can give me advice, because i'm to ashamed to go to a docter in our very small town.
I had an surgical abortion 9 months ago at 8weeks of pregnancy. I did not have a lot of cramps and was back at work a week after the abortion. My husband and i did not have sex for 3months after the abortion.
The problem is.
After 9months i still bleed. My normal period was +/- 4days but now it takes up to 2weeks.
After having sex it will start bleeding for a week. It does not flow heavily but it is more than spotting. It's more clotty than flowing blood and brownish red in colour.
I started using Nur-Esterate contraceptive just after the abortion.
I do not have cramps and lead an active life.
What could be the problem? is it because i'm not use to the contraceptive or is my body still busy healing?

It could be related to the Nuristerate, but there could also be a problem with the uterus or cervix. You will need a doctor to make an assessment.

1
Posted by: Wondering | 2008/05/23

Hi In doubt,

so sorry to read that you only started using contraceptives AFTER you had an abortion done.

Good luck anyway

Reply to Wondering