Posted by: Freaked Out | 2008/07/07

I am a well controlled diabetic (hba1C of 7%) and am 9 weeks pregnant. I also carry Leiden Factor V and as a result am on Clexane (40mg per day). Yesterday I had some light bleeding, some clots, and then a brown discharge. I immediately called my gynae who got me in for a ultrasound in which the foetus looked fine (171 bpm), growth was perfect for the age, but there was a fairly big (2.2cm) clot. All we can do is wait and see. This obviously means I have a threathened miscarriage and I know, as much as if it is inevitable, what will be will be, but I am freaking out! and I am not a freak out kind of person. I realise no one can tell me if it is all going to be okay - no one knows, but from this very limited information, what do you think? and how do I calm down? I know that doesn't help either!

More than 80% of threatened miscarriages continue normally. Obviously I cannot predict what will happen in your case. Meditation is useful for calming you.

Posted by: Freaked Out | 2008/07/07

Forgot to add, that the bleeding was 3 or 4 drops worth and stopped almost immediately. The discharge still continues a day later - though it's lighter. My gynae said it could continue for the next 10 days.

Reply to Freaked Out