Question
Posted by: Trix | 2006/04/04

Bleeding

I am 39 weeks pregnant and yesterday after an internal i started bleeding a lot, went to another doctor as my doc could not see me and she said that i should go to hospital and have a c-section done. My doc does not agree with her at all. Bleeding started a bit this morning again but the baby is moving. My doc says that if baby is not here by the 12 April he will induce. Other docs saying that waiting could harm the baby. What should i do?

The bleeding would worry me a bit. would be tempted to at least do an induction. You should at least go in for a CTG.

3
Posted by: lou | 2006/04/04

Hi Trix

Please dont take any chances - Get a third opinion or ideally go to the hospital and demand the c section etc. Its a little life we're talking about here, and playing the waiting game might be too risky

Reply to lou
Posted by: andy | 2006/04/04

Trix I suggest you go to a hospital for the c-section. My friend started bleeding heavy around her due date, she was rushed to hospital. They did an emergency
c-section. The baby seemed fine at birth they only discovered six months later that he started suffocating in the blood and now has brain damage.
Hope things turn out different for you, but rather have a c section to avoid the same happening to you.

Reply to andy
Posted by: Samantha | 2006/04/04

Shame I can just imagine what you going through.
I would suggest to pray to God to get your answer seeing that the qualified doctors can't give you the advise
you seeking. Also go with your human instinc!

Good luck and take it easy ,relax a lot ,

Good speed.

Me,

Reply to Samantha