Posted by: Anonymous | 2008/10/10

Blader infection

My fiance is a quadraplegic and really suffers from alot of blader infections. At this stage we' ve been to several urologist for a second opinion but it does' nt seem to solve the problem and evryone has their own opinion of what to do. He uses a permanent catheter and according to Drs that may be the problem? Oral medication is not strong enough so they need to hospitalise him every time. Is there something else that we need to do?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageHandicap Expert

Thank you for visiting

He can use a profilactic antibiotic on a daily basis, i.e. Bactrem, which is used to treat a wide variety of infections, including urinary tract infections or he can have a sphingterotomy done. After this procedure, he will have to use a condom catheter, instead of an indwelling catheter.

Kind regards

Dr anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.